Saturday, January 2, 2010

No plagiarism

There seems to me to be some sense of delicious irony in quoting from someone else's post entitled "No plagiarism". Still, there's nothing wrong with a little delicious irony now and then. The wonderful Fr Hunwicke in passing described one of his children as his Filia nata Tertia. As one who loves a Latin tag more than most, I think this is simply wonderful.

Small things amuse small minds, you may say, and you may well be right. But I have always lived by the maxim that is best to take pleasure in the small things: this way, one is guaranteed to be happier.

I should like to stay awhile and write some more, but I have a lasagne that's about ready for assembling and putting in the oven, so I shall go and do that forthwith. Bon appetit, as they say in foreign climes.

No comments:

Post a Comment